Turmeric is a yellow spice commonly used in Asian foods such as curries. It has many purported healing properties such as anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant. Ayurvedic medicine use it frequently as a health treatment of inflammation, purifying the blood, and lubricating the joints.
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 oz organic soy mil (or other type of good quality milk or water)
- 2 tbsp almond oil
- Honey or Maple syrup to taste
- Place water and turmeric in saucepan and bring to boil, stirring to a paste for 8 minutes
- Place milk and almond oi in saucepan and heat just before boiling point.
- Stir thoroughly until milk becomes yellow.
- Ad honey or maple syrup to taste
- Drink warm.