I can’t take the credit for creating this wonderfully tasty and simple to make cake… my friend Marlyse graciously shared it with me! Have fun with it and express your imagination!
The walnuts in both the crust and the topping give this cake a unique unity in flavour, even thought the textures are different.
- Combine the following ingredients, mixing well:
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1 cup raisins (soak them shortly to plump them up)
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla
If the mixture is not firm enough, add psyllium husk, or ground flax seeds or shredded coconut. Form into crust on a flat plate. A quiche plate works really well.
I have also added to this mixture a couple of pinches of freshly ground cardamon. Very tasty!
- Blend the following ingredients well; add teaspoon of water if needed:
- 1/2 cup walnuts (ground)
- 2-3 tablespoons raw honey
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (I have also used half a blood orange juice Yummm!)
Spread evenly over the crust.
Decorate with fruits, berries or other nuts.
Chill. Serves 12
Enjoy and share this wonderful raw cake!